- •Psychological discomfort and social disadvantage differed between the methods.
- •The total score should be considered when evaluating Oral Health Impact Profile-14 consistency.
- •The telephone is reliable for the Oral Health Impact Profile-14 questionnaire in orthosurgical patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Global policy for improvement of oral health in the 21st century – implications to oral health research of World Health Assembly 2007, World Health Organization.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2009; 37: 1-8
- Quality control in orthodontics: treatment need and treatment standards.Br Dent J. 1991; 170: 107-112
- Quality of life several years after orthodontic-surgical treatment with bilateral sagittal split osteotomy.Acta Odontol Scand. 2020; 78: 358-361
- Oral Health-related quality of life and orthodontic treatment seeking.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010; 138: 152-159
- Development and evaluation of the Oral Health Impact Profile.Community Dent Health. 1994; 11: 3-11
- Derivation and validation of a short-form oral health impact profile.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 1997; 25: 284-290
- Quality of life- the assessment, analysis, and interpretation of patient-reported outcomes.3rd ed. Nova Press, Hoboken2007
- Oral health-related quality of life of a population of medically compromised elderly people.Community Dent Heal. 2002; 19: 90-97
- Impacts of oral disorders in the United Kingdom and Australia.Br Dent J. 2005; 198: 489-493
- Comparison of the self-administered and interviewer-administered modes of the child-OIDP.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2008; 6: 40
- Differences in responses to the Oral Health Impact Profile (OHIP14) used as a questionnaire or in an interview.Braz Oral Res. 2009; 23: 358-364
- Studies of Ocular Complications of AIDS Research Group. Interviewer versus self-administered health-related quality of life questionnaires - does it matter?.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2011; 9: 1-11
- Are health-related quality-of-life measures affected by the mode of administration?.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 135-140
- Evaluation of quality of life and oral hygiene attitudes of individuals using dental prostheses during the COVID-19 pandemic.J Prosthet Dent. 2021; 126: e1-e7
- Oral health-related quality of life changes in patients with severe class III malocclusion treated with the 2-jaw surgery-first approach.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2017; 151: 1048-1057
- Impact of orthosurgical treatment phases on oral health-related quality of life.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2016; 149: 171-181
- Varela Morales M. Changes in orthodontics during the COVID-19 pandemic that have come to stay.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2020; 158: e1-e3
- Control of SARS-CoV-2 transmission in orthodontic practice.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2020; 158: 321-329
- Quantitative data collection approaches in subject-reported oral health research: a scoping review.BMC Oral Health. 2022; 22: 435
- Factors associated with the oral health-related quality of life of patients with temporomandibular disorder at the final follow-up visit: a cross-sectional study.BDJ Open. 2022; 8: 30
- A comparison of oral health related quality of life between complete and partial removable denture-wearing older adults in Korea.J Oral Rehabil. 2006; 33: 317-322
- Influence of administration method on oral health-related quality of life assessment using the Oral Health Impact Profile.Eur J Oral Sci. 2011; 119: 73-78
- Does the mode of administration of the Oral Health Impact Profile-49 affect the outcome score?.J Dent. 2014; 42: 84-89
- Orthodontic treatment and its impact on oral health-related quality of life in Brazilian adolescents.J Orthod. 2004; 31: 20-27
- Understanding interobserver agreement: the kappa statistic.Fam Med. 2005; 37: 360-363
- Psychometric properties of the Brazilian version of the Oral Health Impact Profile–short form.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2005; 33: 307-314
- Quality of life scores differed according to mode of administration in a review of three major oncology questionnaires.J Clin Epidemiol. 2006; 59: 185-191
- Comparison of perceived oral health in patients with temporomandibular disorders and dental anxiety using oral health-related quality of life profiles.Qual Life Res. 2008; 17: 857-866
- Oral health-related quality of life in an aging Canadian population.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2012; 10: 50
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Funding: The author has not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests: The author has completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. None declared.
Provenance and peer review: Non-commissioned; externally peer reviewed