- •Combining multisource images such as cone beam computed tomography systems and three-dimensional digital dental models is essential for implant planning.
- •Data science approaches, advances in the image analysis field, and new artificial intelligence approaches are now available.
- •Better and more personalized treatment can now help the clinical decision making and the prognosis.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Combined orthodontic and prosthetic therapy. Special considerations.Dent Clin North Am. 1996; 40: 911-943
- Consensus Conference Panel Report: crown-height space guidelines for implant dentistry - part 1.Implant Dent. 2005; 14: 312-318
- Clinical complications with implants and implant prostheses.J Prosthet Dent. 2003; 90: 121-132
- Advancements in digital imaging: what is new and on the horizon?.J Am Dent Assoc. 2008; 139 (Suppl.):20S–4S
- Big data analytics in healthcare: promise and potential.Health Inf Sci Syst. 2014; 2: 3
- From big data analysis to personalized medicine for all: challenges and opportunities.BMC Med Genomics. 2015; 8: 33
- Clinical decision support systems in orthodontics: a narrative review of data science approaches.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2021; 24: 26-36
- A review on patient-specific facial and cranial implant design using Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2021; 18: 985-994
- The use and performance of artificial intelligence in prosthodontics: a systematic review.Sensors (Basel). 2021; 21: 6628
- Artificial intelligence in fixed implant prosthodontics: a retrospective study of 106 implant-supported monolithic zirconia crowns inserted in the posterior jaws of 90 patients.BMC Oral Health. 2020; 20: 80
- CBCT: basics and applications in dentistry.J Istanb Univ Fac Dent. 2017; 51: 102-121
- Intra-arch dimensional measurement validity of laser-scanned digital dental models compared with the original plaster models: a systematic review.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2015; 18: 65-76
- Comparison of space analysis evaluations with digital models and plaster dental casts.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2009; 136 (16.e1–4)
- Dental long axes using digital dental models compared to cone-beam computed tomography.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2022; 25: 64-72
- Automatic segmentation of dental root canal and merging with crown shape.Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2021; 2021: 2948-2951
Github. SlicerAutomatedDentalTools. Available from: https://github.com/DCBIA-OrthoLab/SlicerAutomatedDentalTools [Accessed 10/02/2022].
- Multiclass CBCT image segmentation for orthodontics with deep learning.J Dent Res. 2021; 100: 943-949
- Accuracy and reliability of a novel method for fusion of digital dental casts and cone beam computed tomography scans.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e59130
- A new method for the integration of digital dental models and cone-beam computed tomography images.Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013; 2013: 2328-2331
- Application of artificial intelligence in dentistry.J Dent Res. 2021; 100: 232-244
- Artificial intelligence in prosthodontics: a scoping review on current applications and future possibilities.Int J Adv Med. 2022; 9: 367
- Artificial intelligence in fractured dental implant detection and classification: evaluation using dataset from two dental hospitals.Diagnostics (Basel). 2021; 11: 233
- The digital POIP concept: Preorthodontic implant placement.J Esthet Restor Dent. 2020; 32: 545-553
- Present and the future of digital orthodontics✰.Semin Orthod. 2018; 24: 376-385
- Comparison of conventional and digital workflow for dental rehabilitation with a novel patient-specific framework implant system: an experimental dataset evaluation.Int J Implant Dent. 2022; 8: 4
Funding: American Association of Orthodontists Foundation; National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Grant/Award Number: R01DE024450 and the Research Enhancement Award Activity 141 from the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
Competing interests: Authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. None declared.
Provenance and peer review: Commissioned and internally peer reviewed.