- •Aligners alone are biomechanically inadequate for requisite clinical tooth movements.
- •Temporary anchorage devices (TADs), attachments, buttons, power arms, or Computer-Aided Design (CAD) / Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM), appliances, bootstrap, Yin-Yang attachments, Bene/Mesialslider, and BMX expander, few of the creative adjuncts described.
- •The “Golden Circle Model” of “WHY, HOW, and WHAT” with adjuncts explained.
- •Classification of adjunct applications provided, Adjuncts described can be used concomitantly with aligners or as a separate phase before aligners.
- •Workflow with adjuncts has been described in detail along with clinical recommendations.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Up in the air: orthodontic technology unplugged! APOS Trends Orthod. 2017; 7: 1-5
- Digital technologies in orthodontics-an update.Semin Orthod. 2018; 24: 373-375
- Lets talk aligners! APOS Trends.Orthod. 2016; 6: 177-178
- The emperor's new clothes! APOS.Trends Orthod. 2019; 9: 1-3
- Biomechanics of clear aligners: hidden truths & first principles.J World Fed Orthod. 2022; 11: 12-21
- Drastic plastic: enhancing predictability of clear aligners.Controversial topics in orthodontics: can we reach consensus? Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor2020: 219-249
- Evolution of the efficiency and predictability of clear aligner therapy.Int J Curr Res. 2020; 12: 13074-13079
- Effect of clear aligner wear protocol on the efficacy of tooth movement.Angle Orthod. 2021; 91: 157-163
- Has Invisalign improved? A prospective follow-up study on the efficacy of tooth movement with Invisalign.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2020; 158: 420-425
- Emerging insights and new developments in clear aligner therapy: a review of the literature.AJO-DO Clin Companion. 2022; 2: 311-324
- Outcomes of clear aligner treatment with and without Dental Monitoring: a retrospective cohort study.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2021; 159: 453-459
- Start With Why: how great leaders inspire everyone to take action.Portfolio, London2009
- Tip, Torque & Rotations: how accurately do digital superimposition software packages quantify tooth movement?.Prog Orthod. 2022; 23
- Effectiveness of clear aligner therapy for orthodontic treatment: a systematic review.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2020; 23: 133-142
- Clear aligners generations and orthodontic tooth movement.J Orthod. 2016; 43: 68-76
- Accuracy of clear aligners: a retrospective study of patients who needed refinement.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2018; 154: 47-54
- Clear aligner orthodontic therapy of rotated mandibular round-shaped teeth: a finite element study.Angle Orthod. 2020; 90: 247-254
- Essential attributes of clear aligner therapy in terms of appliance configuration, hygiene, and pain levels during the pandemic: a brief review.Pain Res Manag. 2020; 20206677929
- Improving the predictability of clear aligners.Semin Orthod. 2017; 23: 65-75
Nicozisis J. The Yin-yang attachment: the clear path to molar zen. The Progressive Orthodontist. Published 2017. Available from: https://princetonorthodontics.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Nicozisis-Ying-Yang-Final.pdf [Accessed Month day, year].
- A customized staging procedure to improve the predictability of space closure with sequential aligners.J Clin Orthod. 2014; 48: 359-367
- Application and effectiveness of the Beneslider: a device to move molars distally.World J Orthod. 2010; 11: 331-340
- Combination of clear aligners and Beneslider for correction of severe midline deviation.J Clin Orthod. 2021; 55: 675-683
- Treatment of maxillary transversal deficiency by using a mini-implant-borne rapid maxillary expander and aligners in combination.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2021; 160: 147-154
- Maxillary Space Closure Using Aligners and Palatal Mini-Implants in Patients with Congenitally Missing Lateral Incisors.J Clin Orthod. 2021; 55: 20-33
- Approaching complex orthodontic treatment cases using aligners in combination with skeletal anchorage.Journal of Aligner Orthodontics. 2022; 6: 1-18
- CAD/CAM Metallic Printing of a Skeletally Anchored Upper Molar Distalizer.J Clin Orthod. 2020; 54: 140-150
- The T-Zone: median vs. paramedian Insertion of palatal Mini-Implants.J Clin Orthod. 2016; 50: 543-551
Funding: The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests: Authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. None declared.
Provenance and peer review: Commissioned; Internally peer reviewed.