- •Adding zinc oxide and titanium dioxide nanoparticles at 1% weight preserves the bond strength.
- •Adhesive remnant index was not significantly different among.
- •Titanium dioxide significantly increased the microleakage of Transbond XT adhesive.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Orthodontic bonded retainers.J Ir Dent Assoc. 2005; 51: 29-32
- Retention and relapse. Review of the literature.Fogorv Sz. 2011; 104: 139-146
- Retention and relapse in clinical practice.Aust Dent J. 2017; 62: 51-57
- Long-term periodontal status of patients with mandibular lingual fixed retention.Eur J Orthod. 2007; 29: 471-476
- The Nd-YAG laser is useful in prevention of dental caries during orthodontic treatment.Bull Tokyo Dent Coll. 2001; 42: 79-86
- Quantitative analysis of adhesion of cariogenic streptococci to orthodontic raw materials.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2008; 133: 882-888
- Long-term effectiveness of canine-to-canine bonded flexible spiral wire lingual retainers.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2011; 139: 614-621
- A review of direct orthodontic bonding.Br J Orthod. 1975; 2: 171-178
- Some mechanical and physical properties of teeth.Symp Soc Exp Biol. 1980; 34: 99-135
- Microleakage beneath ceramic and metal brackets bonded with a conventional and an antibacterial adhesive system.Angle Orthod. 2006; 76: 1028-1034
- Microleakage between composite–wire and composite–enamel interfaces of flexible spiral wire retainers. Part 1: comparison of three composites.Eur J Orthod. 2009; 31: 647-651
- Comparative evaluation of microleakage of lingual retainer wires bonded with three different lingual retainer composites: an in vitro study.J Clin Diagn Res. 2014; 8: ZC83
- A review on Nano-TiO2 sol–gel type syntheses and its applications.J Mater Sci. 2011; 46: 3669-3686
- Are nano-composites and nano-ionomers suitable for orthodontic bracket bonding?.Eur J Orthod. 2010; 32: 78-82
- Shear bond strength and antibacterial effects of orthodontic composite containing TiO2 nanoparticles.Eur J Orthod. 2013; 35: 676-679
- Shear, torsional, and tensile bond strengths of ceramic brackets using three adhesive filler concentrations.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1991; 100: 251-258
- Antimicrobial effect, frictional resistance, and surface roughness of stainless steel orthodontic brackets coated with nanofilms of silver and titanium oxide: a preliminary study.Microsc Res Tech. 2017; 80: 599-607
- Comparative evaluation and influence on shear bond strength of incorporating silver, zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide nanoparticles in orthodontic adhesive.J Orthod Sci. 2016; 5: 127-131
- Enhanced antibacterial activity of TiO2 nanoparticle surface modified with Garcinia zeylanica extract.Chem Cent J. 2017; 11: 7
- Antibacterial properties of composite resins incorporating silver and zinc oxide nanoparticles on Streptococcus mutans and Lactobacillus.Restor Dent Endod. 2014; 39: 109-114
- Preparation of zinc oxide ceramics with a sustainable antibacterial activity under dark conditions.Ceram Int. 2010; 36: 497-506
- An application of nanotechnology in advanced dental materials.J Am Dent Assoc. 2003; 134: 1382-1390
- Antibacterial activity and debonding force of different lingual retainers bonded with conventional composite and nanoparticle containing composite: an in vitro study.J World Fed Orthod. 2020; 9: 80-85
- Shear bond strength and residual adhesive after orthodontic bracket debonding.Angle Orthod. 2006; 76: 694-699
- Stability of orthodontic treatment outcome: follow-up until 10 years postretention.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1999; 115: 300-304
- Experimental antimicrobial orthodontic adhesives using nanofillers and silver nanoparticles.Dent Mater. 2009; 25: 206-213
- Effect of Nano–zinc oxide and Nano-chitosan particles on the shear bond strength of dental composites used as orthodontic adhesive.J World Fed Orthod. 2021; 10: 172-176
- Effect of chitosan nanoparticles incorporation on antibacterial properties and shear bond strength of dental composite used in orthodontics.Iran J Ortho. 2016;
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles reinforced experimental resin composite for orthodontic bonding.Mater Res Express. 2019; 6125098
- The influence of adding modified zirconium oxide-titanium dioxide nano-particles on mechanical properties of orthodontic adhesive: an in vitro study.BMC Oral Health. 2017; 17: 43
- Antibacterial, physical and mechanical properties of flowable resin composites containing zinc oxide nanoparticles.Dent Mater J. 2013; 29: 495-505
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles addition to a conventional glass-ionomer restorative: influence on physical and antibacterial properties.J Dent. 2011; 39: 589-598
- Evaluating the microshear bond strength and microleakage of flowable composites containing zinc oxide nano-particles.Electron Physician. 2016; 8: 3289-3295
- Microleakage between composite/wire and composite/enamel interfaces of flexible spiral wire retainers: direct versus indirect application methods.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2010; 13: 118-124
- Investigating the effect of incorporating nanosilver/nanohydroxyapatite particles on the shear bond strength of orthodontic adhesives.Acta Odontol Scand. 2013; 71: 1038-1042
Funding: Grant of Dental Research Center at Tehran University of Medical Sciences, School of Dentistry.
Competing interest: Authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. None declared.
Provenance and peer review: Non-commissioned and externally peer reviewed.