- •Ideal golden proportion was absent in facial proportions of Clark's twin block treated patients.
- •Facial proportion ratios came closer to golden proportion after treatment with Clark's twin block.
- •Golden proportion can be used as a guide in treatment planning of patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Analysis of skeletal facial and soft tissue profile before and after orthognathic surgery in class II and III patients, and their relationship with the golden ratio.Rev Odontol UNESP. 2017; 46: 292-298
- The elements of Euclid.Desilver, Thomas1838
- The principles of visual perception and their clinical application to denture esthetics.J Prosthet Dent. 1973; 29: 358-382
- Dental esthetics and the golden proportion.J Prosthet Dent. 1978; 40: 244-252
- The biologic significance of the divine proportion and Fibonacci series.Am J Orthod. 1982; 81: 351-370
- Divine proportion in facial esthetics.Clin Plast Surg. 1982; 9: 401-422
- Golden proportion analysis of dental-skeletal patterns of class II and III patients pre and postorthodontic-orthognathic treatment.J Contemp Dent Pract. 2016; 17: 728-733
- An improved version of the cervical vertebral maturation (CVM) method for the assessment of mandibular growth.Angle Orthod. 2002; 72: 316-323
- The role of the divine proportion in the esthetic improvement of patients undergoing combined orthodontic/orthognathic surgical treatment.Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg. 2001; 16: 108-120
- Evaluation of the divine proportion in the facial profile of young females.Indian J Dent Res. 2008; 19: 292-296
- Effect of Clark's twin-block appliance (CTB) and non-extraction fixed mechano-therapy on the pharyngeal dimensions of growing children.Dent Press J Orthod. 2015; 20: 82-88
- Changes in oro-pharyngeal airway dimensions after treatment with functional appliance in class II skeletal pattern.J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad. 2015; 27: 759-763
- The effects of the Twin-block appliance treatment on the skeletal and dentolaveolar changes in Class II Division 1 malocclusion.Medicina (Kaunas). 2005; 41: 392-400
- Influence of lower facial height changes on frontal facial attractiveness and perception of treatment need by lay people.Angle Orthod. 2010; 80: 1159-1164
- Treatment effects of the twin block appliance: a cephalometric study.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 1998; 114: 15-24
- Treatment effects of twin block therapy - a review of literature.Int J Sci Res. 2019; 8: 68-70
- Long-term effects of Herbst treatment in relation to normal growth development: a cephalometric study.Eur J Orthod. 1992; 14: 285-295
Funding: The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests: Authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. None declared.
Provenance and peer review: Non commissioned and externally peer reviewed.