Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of the World Federation of Orthodontists
- Orthodontics. Part 6: Risks in orthodontic treatment.Br Dent J. 2004; 196: 71-77
- Periodontal ligament cells under mechanical stress induce osteoclastogenesis by receptor activator of nuclear factor kappaB ligand up-regulation via prostaglandin E2 synthesis.J Bone Miner Res. 2002; 17: 210-220
- Local RANKL gene transfer to the periodontal tissue accelerates orthodontic tooth movement.Gene Ther. 2006; 13: 678-685
- Cytokine expression and accelerated tooth movement.J Dent Res. 2010; 89: 1135-1141
- Clinical guide to accelerated orthodontics: with a focus on micro- osteoperforations.Springer, Cham, Switzerland2017: 34-41
- Acceleration of tooth movement during orthodontic treatment - a frontier in orthodontics.Prog Orthod. 2013; 14: 42
- Surgical adjunctive procedures for accelerating orthodontic treatment.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015; CD010572
- Regional accelerated phenomenon in the mandible following mucoperiosteal flap surgery.J Periodontol. 1994; 65: 79-83
- Saturation of the biological response to orthodontic forces and its effect on the rate of tooth movement.Orthod Craniofac Res. 2015; 18: 8-17
- Effect of micro-osteoperforations on the rate of tooth movement.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2013; 144: 639-648
- The use of micro-osteoperforation concept for accelerating differential tooth movement.J World Fed Orthod. 2018; 7: 56-60
- Comparison of rate of tooth movement and pain perception during accelerated tooth movement associated with conventional fixed appliances with micro-osteoperforations - a randomised controlled trial.J Orthod. 2018; 45: 225-233
- In-vivo effects of flapless osteopuncture-facilitated tooth movement in the maxilla and the mandible.J Clin Exp Dent. 2018; 10: 761-767
- Mini-implant supported canine retraction with micro-osteoperforation: a split-mouth randomized clinical trial.Angle Orthod. 2019; 89: 183-189
- Three-dimensional assessment of the effect of micro-osteoperforations on the rate of tooth movement during canine retraction in adults with Class II malocclusion: a randomized controlled clinical trial.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2018; 153: 771-785
- Effect of micro-osteoperforation on the rate of canine retraction: a split-mouth randomized controlled trial.Prog Orthod. 2019; 20: 1
- Physical properties of root cementum: Part 26. Effects of micro-osteoperforations on orthodontic root resorption: a microcomputed tomography study.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2018; 153: 204-213
- Effectiveness of minimally invasive surgical procedures in the acceleration of tooth movement: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Prog Orthod. 2016; 17: 33
- Effect of micro-osteoperforation on the rate of orthodontic tooth movement—a systematic review and a meta-analysis.Eur J Orthod. 2020; 42: 211-221
- Physiodispenser versus conventional rotary instrument in transalveolar extraction of impacted mandibular third molars—a randomized controlled clinical trial.Int J Appl Dent Sci. 2019; 5: 45-50
- Periodontal health and gingival diseases and conditions on an intact and a reduced periodontium: consensus report of workgroup 1 of the 2017 World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases and Conditions.J Periodontol. 2018; 89: S74-S84
- Evaluation and comparison of periodontal status and rate of canine retraction with and without piezocision-facilitated orthodontics: a randomized controlled trial.Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2020; 40: 19-26
- Histogenesis of repair following osseous surgery.J Periodontol. 1970; 41: 551-565
- Thickness of masticatory mucosa.J Clin Periodontol. 2000; 27: 431-436
- Buccal cortical bone thickness for mini-implant placement.Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2009; 136: 230-235
- Micro-osteoperforations: minimally invasive accelerated tooth movement.Semin Orthod. 2015; 21: 162-169
- Rapid orthodontics with alveolar reshaping: two case reports of decrowding.Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2001; 21: 9-20
- Effects of corticision on paradental remodeling in orthodontic tooth movement.Angle Orthod. 2008; 79: 284-291
- Bone turnover rate in rats does not influence root resorption induced by orthodontic treatment.Eur J Orthod. 2003; 25: 359-363
Funding: The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interest: Authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest. None declared.
Provenance and peer review: Not commissioned; Externally peer reviewed.